Thursday, May 20, 2021

Environmental Activism

 

    Before this course, I didn't really know about all of the ethical issues the involved environmentalism. I knew of a few but I never stopped and wondered why these might be happening or why is it wrong/right to do these things. I think that this class has definitely opened me up to ask these thought provoking questions to issues, not only environmental, but everyday issues that we see. One very surprising issue that we covered in this course was the topic about indigenized injustice. After learning about the different injustices and after my own research about Onondaga Lake, I think that I can apply what I learned to be a better environmental activist in this regard. I now understand the different ways other people and even our government has discriminated against these peoples, especially in ways of the environment. I think that everyone should have the right to environmental justice and if any thing opposite occurs, then it should be addressed and held accountable. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Environmental Activism

      Before this course, I didn't really know about all of the ethical issues the involved environmentalism. I knew of a few but I neve...