A land ethic can be defined as the Morales and responsibilities that we have to determine about how we as humans treat and use the land. In the essay "The Land Ethic" written by Aldo Leopold, he writes how in his view of land ethics people and the land/environment are intertwined. He saw it as a way in which if people cared for the land then the land will take care of us (humans). I strongly agree with this view point because I feel that when we put in the effort to protect and and be responsible to the land we use, then it will give back. An example of this could be through ecosystem services. Ecosystem services are benefits that ecosystem provides to people such as a wetland providing water filtration and flood control to prevent flooding to the valleys. If that wetland were to be taken away or degraded by human action, it wont provide this benefit. We have to respect nature in order to gain its benefits. I think that this is what Leopold is saying in his essay.
No comments:
Post a Comment