This piece by David Adams, illustrates the very persistency and perseverance that nature holds. He so beautifully talks about how due to most of everyone in the world being isolated indoors that nature has returned to areas where human traffic was abundant. In his quote, "LUMINOUS BEAUTY IN the midst of shuddering terror", describes the whole idea perfectly. It means that the beauty of nature will continue as long as it can, and with less direct human disturbances, it will.
My own experiences reflect what Adams was explaining. Before the pandemic, I had a great relationship with nature. I would take afternoon hikes throughout the back woodlands at my house. It was always usually peaceful. The tree line did a good job about muffling the noise of the busy roads that surrounded the woods. I would see the more frequent squirrels and chipmunks as well as the occasional deer and black bear. However, once lockdown started, I noticed a few changes starting to happen in the woods. There seemed to be change in behavior of the common fauna. I started seeing box turtles, raccoons and foxes. These critters are way more shy and because of the lockdown, allowed them to come out and reclaim there once virgin woods. Since the lockdown, I would say that my relationship with nature has only grown. I realize more of how we need to better conserve our parks and other wildernesses in order for the more sensitive and shy creatures can live and flourish.
No comments:
Post a Comment